Compare the best options on the market and choose the one which best adapts to your day to day needs.
Further Below: Our Guide To Payday Loans in The Czech Republic, Everything you need to know.
- Offers both short and long term loans
- Provides loans to foreigners
- Provides big loans of up to CZK 100,000
- Has affordable interest rates of 7.69% p.a
- Has excellent financing conditions
- Has fewer commissions
- Offers long repayment periods of up to 120 months
- Available to applicants with stable income
- Provides both secured and unsecured loans
2. Česka Sporitelna
- Loans available to 18-year-olds
- Provides loans of up to CZK 80,000
- Has attractive interest rates of 5.42% p.a
- Eligible only to clients with stable income
- The conditions improve with timely reimbursements of the loan
- Loans available for a variety of purposes
- Offers loans to foreigners
- Facilitates online application
3. Komercni Banka AS
- Top financing conditions
- Offers loans at fixed rates
- Big loans of up to CZK 60,000
- Has friendly interest rates of 8.34% p.a
- Provides a variety of consumer loans
- Has online loan application and banking
- Eligible to clients with income only
Financing conditions improve with timely repayments
Payday Loans in the Czech Republic, All You Need To Know:
Getting payday loans in the Czech Republic is easier than ever. Take a quick read through the must-knows in this article to get a seamless application process. By the end of this article, you’ll know which factors to consider while taking out payday loans, and your reserved rights and obligations as a loan consumer in the Czech Republic.
The current market for payday loans
There are several events within the Czech Republic and across its borders that keep changing the financial systems as well as the borrowing trends. This is why we keep availing you of monthly happenings and any related news. Find out in a minute:
- The Russian invasion is a major cause of disturbance in the supply chains in Eastern Europe countries including the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Poland among others. While the same effects are being felt by many other countries world over, the mentioned countries seem to be facing it rough due to their proximity to the war theater and their great dependence on Russia for gas. The Czech Republic is also seeing a high influx of Ukrainian refugees, which may not be as good as it was anticipated in terms of source of labor. Experts say that the high influx of refugees may not be of benefit to the country in the short run because of language barrier and other issues.
- The Russian war is faltering the financial markets, whose rates are staggering high. Their rates reached their all-time high in about 2 decades, making them less affordable to credit consumers. Now at 7.010% p.a, this is a whopping difference of 5.669% from June last year. However, the current rates are still something to go by, compared to that of nearby countries.
No one knows how the economic situation will evolve as long the Russian invasion persists. While the country could leverage the high labor, the economy may not be stable enough.
Policies and Regulations on Payday Loans in the Czech Republic
All providers of consumer loans need to be operating under the Czech National Bank’s safe index. The bank regulates all banking, lending, and other financial services in the country. Hence, all lenders need to be authorized by the bank to operate legally.
A lender in the Czech Republic has to comply with the obligations below:
- Obligation to avail of the consumer all the relevant information about the loan offer
Before signing up for the contract, the lender should be sure to provide every single detail about the offer to the client. The information should be easy to understand to allow the buyer to make an informed decision about the offer.
The lender is required to detail all the conditions of the loan: interest rate, amount, repayment period, commissions and any other costs of the loan, and the terms of repayment. The lender should be as transparent as possible about future changes and costs as well so that the client is emotionally prepared for what they are committing to.
- Obligation to provide regular updates about the loan throughout the loan tenure
The lender is required to send reminders and updates about any changes or issues of the loan to the client, regardless of whether they were indicated in the contractual documents or not. Moreover, in case the client develops any questions along the way, the lender should always step in to clear the doubts at no cost.
The loan borrowers also have some roles to play:
- Obligation to take out loans responsibly
One thing for sure is that once you sign up for a loan, you have no option but to pay it back. Hence the golden rule: take out a loan that improves your financial situation and one that’s easy to repay. Take time to consult other lenders and compare the different offers. If unsure of which offer suits you, consult a financial advisor.
Whichever the steps you take, just be sure to end up with the most compatible offer that fully satisfies you.
- Obligation to assess all the loan’s contractual information
Though we often skip this step and simply tick the “I agree” box, this is the most crucial step for taking out a loan responsibly. Good thing, the lender will give you ample time to go through the information so that you’re fully informed about what you’re committing to. The duty is laid upon you because only you know your financial situation, your preferences, and your financial abilities. You also don’t want any surprise payments in the future.
- Obligation to comply with all the conditions of the loan
You’re bound to abide by all the conditions and requirements of the loan the moment you place your signature for the offer. If along the way, you realize that you weren’t prepared for how the offer is turning out, you’ll have no option but to stick to it to the end of the repayment journey. This makes it so crucial to ask as many questions as possible and read through the contractual information.
How to apply for a payday loan?
The process of applying for a payday loan should be less taxing if the right procedures are followed.
Take a read!
- Consult loans from several lenders either online or by visiting the office. Compare their offers and choose one that is most consistent with your needs. Be sure to work with at least 3 loan offers.
- Fill in all the blank fields of the application form either online or in-office with your preferred conditions of the loan (amount, repayment term, purpose). Ensure that the data you fill in makes the most sense to your financial situation and will leave a positive impact.
- Receive pre-approval message. This happens in minutes for the online mode and takes about 48 hours for the physical application mode.
- Provide all the documents requested either via email, courier, or visiting the entity. Providing all the documents reduces the chances of having your application rejected.
- Beyond the verification of your documents, the entity will send you pre-contractual information if the application is approved. Read carefully through the nook and cranny to familiarize yourself with the conditions of the product before you commit to it. Take note of all the conditions of the loan: amount, term, interest, commissions, etc.
- If you’re in total agreement with the conditions of the offer, sign up for it either in the office or by digital signature.
- Receive the funds. The lender will release the funds into your account either instantly or after 2 days, depending on the mode of application.
Requirements for payday loans in the Czech Republic
Knowing how to find the best offer is not enough. You want to hang in there until your lender approves your application. While a big percentage of loan borrowers end up frustrated as their applications are canceled, having your application approved is pretty simple and has a few requirements:
- Be of legal age. While 18-year-olds are considered viable for loans in the Czech Republic, few lenders will approve their loan applications. Many entities require you to be of at least 21 years.
- Have a residence in the Czech Republic. There are loans tailored for foreigners who are able to meet the spelled-out requirements such as having a residence card permit.
- Have a sufficient level of income. The lender will assess your level of income viz-a-viz the loan you’re asking for to determine whether you financially qualify for it. Hence, ensure your level of income is in line with the amount of loan you’re taking out.
- Be creditworthy. This refers to your level of debt which comes to play when the lender wants to assess your ability to repay the loan. If your level of debt is about half of your monthly income, the lender might shy away from financing you. Hence ensure that you remain within the recommended 35 – 40% (of your income) debt level.
- Do not register in any defaulters files in the Czech Republic. This will falter your loan application process as well.
One way to avoid over-indebtedness is being a responsible borrower and taking out loans when we actually need them and can assume repayment with ease. Taking out too many funds and failing to use them to improve your financial situation will automatically plunge you into over-indebtedness among other consequences.
Documentation for applying for a payday loan
After filling out the application form, the lender will require a set of documents that prove your eligibility for financing.
Below are some of the most common documents you will need to send:
- A copy of your identity card, passport, or any other legal form of identity
- Bank statements showing your income and expenses for previous months
- The most recent income tax return (especially if taking out a big loan)
- Proof of income: the last two or three paychecks, and documents showing any other form of income including pension, self-employment, etc.
- Documents showing your intended purpose for the loan and its budget. This is mostly required of big loans.
You may skip a few documents such as bank statements if you’re taking out a loan from a bank where your income and receipts are domiciled.
Who grants payday loans in the Czech Republic?
The Czech Republic is another country that’s slowly but surely moving from the era of bank monopolization. It all began after the 2008 financial crisis that left a gap that entities looking to create a niche for themselves jumped in to fill. These entities have taken time to solidify their existence and improve their services to the extent of competing with banks and sometimes surpassing them.
Entities that grant payday loans:
- Bank entities
- Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Private Lenders
- P2P Lending Platforms
Obtain financing through banks
- Provides a variety of financial products
- Grants big loans
- Allows for long and reasonable repayment periods
- Financing at friendly interest rates
- Slow concessions
- Expensive due to many commissions
- Seniority determines the type of financing you get
- Offers more related products
Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Provides loans for a variety of purposes
- Very affordable due to low interest rates
- Less commission and bonding
- Fast application and concessions
- Has strict requirements as in banks
- They only operate through stores or dealerships
Getting loans online with private companies
- Fast applications and concessions
- Less strict eligibility parameters
- Financing available to clients without seniority
- Expensive due to very high interest rates
- Can be easily abused, hence, hurting your credit history
Payday Loans through P2P Platforms
- Friendly financing conditions
- Fast, easy, and completely online application
- No related products
- The funds take a long time in coming
- Very strict approval requirements
- Few platforms that grant payday loans
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a payday loan?
A payday loan refers to an amount of money that you borrow from a lending institution intending to repay it later. The lending of a payday loan happens under a set of agreements between the lender and the borrower. Once they add their signature to the contractual documents, the borrower will have no other option but abide by the spelled-out conditions.
The lender will have no leeway of doing things until they finalize the repayment under all the lender’s requirements. However, there are a few exceptions such as early repayment of the loan or withdrawing the offer after receiving the funds. Both instances are addressed in the contractual information as well.
Why don’t you give me payday loans?
Cancellation of loan applications is very common in the Czech Republic. The lenders will always outline their requirements (especially if they are unique). So if you fail to abide by them, you won’t be able to access the loan. Consider your age, residence permit (for how long have you held it), your level of debt and income, and your credit history. Be sure that all of these areas align with the lender’s requirements.
What is the binding offer of a payday credit?
A binding offer requires the entity to retain the offer they are granting us for a minimum of 14 calendar days without withdrawing it. During these days, we will have the leeway of comparing other loan offers and negotiating their prices without the fear of losing the current offer.
Can payday loans be paid in advance?
By law, a borrower can repay the whole loan amount or part of it earlier than the set time. However, the borrower will be required to meet all the loan conditions by clearing the commissions and interests that they would have paid over the repayment term and inform the lender in good time before making the repayment. Moreover, they might face early repayment fees.
What if I take out a loan online and then regret it?
The Czech Law allows for the withdrawal of loans that have already been funded. However, this has a limited time after the funds are released into the borrower’s account – 14 calendar days. Any period beyond this might attract charges or penalties.
What happens if I don’t pay back a payday loan?
The consequences of failure to repay a loan are more expensive than repaying the loan. Your name will end up in the defaulter’s files which is expensive to have your name cleared; you’ll have a poor credit history, hence, unable to access loans in the future; and your property may be auctioned to repay the loan.
When to Apply for a Payday Loan
A payday loan is a good financial instrument to fund your project. It’s even more helpful when you don’t mind getting it from any lender but will be responsible enough to repay it. Taking time to know what you need and consequently compare different offers will earn you a perfect-fit financial product with excellent conditions.
While many lenders provide loans to expats, their conditions might be a little more strict.
When to Apply for a Fast Loan
A fast loan comes in handy when you’re faced with a financial emergency and have no alternative source of funds. The loans are fast in concessions and release the funds to your account in minutes. Their application is fast and completely online. However, these loans are the most abused due to their ease of application and lax requirements. It’s important to note that they have very high interest rates and may make repayment uneasy.
Take out a loan when you really need it and when you’re able to afford its repayment.
Use a loan to improve your financial situation so that the repayment process is easy.
Take time to understand what type of financing you need and set out for it.
Compare different loan offers and don’t settle for less.
Look for help if you develop any questions about the type of financing you’re taking out.
About this page, our methodology
What this page is for: we’re here to help you get the best financing for your needs. Hence, through numerous research, we provide quality and easy-to-understand information about consumer credits and all you’re required to do to hire the best offer in the market.
Source: the information regarding consumer credits in the Czech Republic and their regulations has been drawn from the Czech National Bank among other reference portals.
Methodology: The data relating to the conditions of these products (amount, term, interest, etc.) have been obtained through online research and consultation of the official statistics of the aforementioned reference sources.
About Us: FUDGECKO is an online comparator website dedicated to offering assistance in personal finance and home economics products. Besides comparing the conditions of the available offers, we avail you of quality information that guides you through getting an offer that’s most compatible with your needs and peculiarities.Note: the services we offer are totally free for the user, as FUNDGECKO obtains its income from advertising and its featured products.