Compare the best options on the market and choose the one which best adapts to your day-to-day needs.
Further Below: Our Guide To Personal Loans in Iraq, Everything you need to know.
1. Byblos Bank
- Flexible and big loans of up to USD 30,000
- Floating and competitive interest rates
- Loan tenure of up to 4 years
- Offers 100% financing ( loan purpose)
- Offers loans in USD and IQD depending on the currency of income
- Allows cash collaterals
- Fast application process
- Excellent loan conditions
2. BBAC Bank IRAQ
- Get a loan of up to IQD 20 million
- Regressive interest rates of 12%
- Repayment period of up to 24 months
- Applicants with stable income are considered
- Fewer application charges
- Favorable for public sector employees
- Laxer free eligibility criteria
- Fast concession
3. Mansour Bank (MBI)
- Big loan amounts of up to IQD 75 million
- Competitive monthly interest rates
- Favorable repayment periods of up to 5 years
- Allows top-ups to outstanding loans
- Easier application and accessibility through online sites
- Loan purpose is not limited
- Excellent loan conditions
- Eligible to clients with income
- Private sectors are advantageous
Personal Loans in Iraq, All You Need To Know:
Read on for a fast, five-minute primer on how to compare the finest personal loans available in Iraq. We’re dedicated to delivering high-quality information on consumer credits, all you need to know about them, and how to get an offer that’s not only the best on the market right now but also precisely fits into your financial circumstances. Read through our guide.
The current market for personal loans
We provide the latest information on consumer loans and the current defects of changing economic and dynamic trends. Here are all the financial details you need to know currently.
- The current lending rates in this quarter of the year are expected to stabilize at 4%. Mortgage rates are at 5.5% but are expected to rise to 6% by September. The fixed refinancing rate is at 6.03% for some lending entities.
- Despite the war crisis, the National Bank of Iraq has been reporting exponential growth as it offers a wide range of digital services to meet customer requirements.
- Since the onset of the Russia-Ukraine war, Middle East countries are experiencing harsh economic effects, and Iraq’s economy is not excluded, it has faced adverse effects majorly on their economic sector. It has caused high inflation rates by raising commodity prices and more general disturbances in global prices.
- Similarly, Iraq officials have divested their investment in Russia to avoid money transfer and economic deepening. This will insulate Iraq from western sanctions effects. The war affected the credit authorities by increasing lending rates during the pandemic period
In general, loan costs may increase as businesses struggle to maintain cash during an economic crisis.
How to compare between online loan offers?
Regardless of the products you’re looking for, comparing offers is a crucial step in obtaining the greatest deal. You must first be certain of what you want before searching for the greatest current offers if you want to receive the best deals.
Speaking of loans, you should think about things like loan amounts, interest rates, extra fees, processing costs, and repayment terms, among other aspects. These considerations differ from one organization to the other hence making diverse comparisons will guide your selection to the most suitable option.
We can determine which project will be the best by comparing the cost of different simulations based on the nature of the project we want to finance and the offer given by each organization. Failure to perform a comparison may land you into a more costly option.
How to use FUNDGECKO to get personal loans
At FUNDGECKO, we seek to inform our users about the features, terms, and conditions of every financial product available in their country, and how to obtain each financial product using simpler steps
Here are the steps you’ll take at our website:
- Select two or three consumer credits you’re attracted to and end up with one that best suits you.
- Take time to read through the contractual details, noting down their terms and conditions.
- Our high-end professionals will step in to answer your questions in case you develop some during the application process. Click on “Contract” to get to the website of each bank and start the application process following the guidelines on the lenders’ page
- Our web pages have comment sections where our happy customers love to give their feedback about our services.
Why do you look for personal loans?
Any personal necessity can be met by taking out a personal loan because they are rather universal. You can use it to pay off debt, finance a car, purchase a home, and other such things. The following is a list of reasons why we obtain personal loans:
- For debt consolidation
- Funding your educational trips
- Financing your business project
- Renovating your home
- Financing your studies
- Clearing unpaid invoices
- Making a big purchase
- Overhauling your kitchen
- Financing a reform
- Buying appliances and other machines
Note: Loans have been selected for some of the above mentioned purposes. For example, because student loans have better terms, you might prefer to utilize one to support your studies rather than a personal loan. Ask the organization whether they offer financing that explicitly targets your objective to reduce cost.
How to apply for a personal loan?
For businesses in Iraq, the personal loan application process is essentially the same. Nevertheless, the form of application may vary based on the choices of the entity.
- Consult a few entities’ loans as a starting point. You can choose three offers and contrast their terms to choose the one that best fits your circumstances.
- Fill out the application form with your personal information and choose the loan terms you prefer (purpose, amount, and repayment period). To lessen the likelihood that your application will be rejected, make sure to fill out all the blank fields. Fill out the form and submit it in person or online.
- If you submit an online application, the lender will send you a pre-approval notification right away. If you submit a paper application, they will do so several days later.
- Make a note of the paperwork that the entity is requesting, and submit it all to its offices or online as directed.
- Obtain precontractual details. Only after the application is granted does this occur. Understand the loan’s terms and conditions, such as the amount, period, interest, commissions, and any upcoming adjustments or fees, by reading between the lines of the contract.
- If the loan appeals to you in every way, sign the contract (in person or electronically).
- Funds disbursement. The lender may send the funds to our account over a few hours or days depending on the agreement
Requirements for personal loans in Iraq
Until the lender releases the funds to our account, the transaction is not final. If we don’t fulfill all the standards put forth by the lender, taking out loans can be difficult.
What are these requirements?
- Be of the legal age. The minimum age requirement in Iraqi is 18 years. However, some lenders will require applicants ranging from 21-23 years to comply with loan applications.
- Iraqi citizen. You must possess a residency permission card, the length of which varies depending on the entity. For non-Iraq citizens must possess residence for two years.
- Working or under employment for at least 2 years and one year with the current employer to enhance eligibility.
- possess a reliable source of income. Even though some candidates provide documentation of their income, their applications are rejected if the organization deems the income to be insufficient.
- Creditworthiness. To determine whether you are financially secure enough to afford the loan repayment, entities will look at your “debt to income” ratio. Your application will likely be denied if you report a low credit score.
The most fundamental criteria are listed above. Entities may modify them to their preferences, so you should be aware of this. An organization might, for instance, insist that candidates keep their residency permission cards for at least six months. In a different scenario, a company might continue to fund a customer who has a low credit score.
Documentation for applying for a personal loan
We must provide the lender with documentation to demonstrate that we meet all standards and are therefore eligible for the loan.
- Copy of your national ID card or passport
- Working contract from the employer
- Bank statements indicating income and expenses of previous months
- Income receipts or payslips of the last 2 to 3 months
- Documents showing your purpose for taking out the loan
Be mindful of the documentation requirements set forth by the lender. The aforementioned papers are essential for the verification process. Therefore, your loan could be canceled if you don’t produce even one document.
Who grants personal loans in Iraq?
The financial crisis was beneficial for the Iraqi lending sector since it allowed numerous non-bank lenders to enter the market and abolish the monopoly of banks. As a result, numerous businesses gained traction in the market and eventually rose to the top of the ladder. This has enhanced product diversion and competition among lenders.
We list the Iraqi personal loan providers and their terms in this section. Organizations that provide personal loans include:
- Bank entities
- Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Private Lenders
- P2P Lending Platforms
Obtain financing through banks
- Provides a wide range of products
- Top loan conditions
- Competitive interest rates
- Favorable repayment terms
- Offers higher loan limits
- Complex eligibility criteria
- Slower loan application and processing
- Expensive due to more commissions
- Seniority is a factor to be considered
Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Leser attached commissions and fees
- Offers loans for various purposes
- Attractive interest rates
- Fast processing of the loan
- Strict requirements as in banks
- Related financial products cause confusion
- They only operate through stores or dealerships
Getting loans online with private companies
- Fast concession
- Faster concessions than other lenders
- Less strict eligibility requirements
- Seniority is not a determining factor
- Expensive due to very high interest rates
- Can lead to over-indebtedness as they finance clients with poor credit scores
Personal Loans through P2P Platforms
- Excellent loan conditions
- Fast with purely online application
- Fast payout
- No related products
- Slow processing of the loan
- Very strict eligibility parameters
- Few platforms that give personal loans
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personal loan?
A personal loan is essentially a sum of money that you borrow to meet a specific need. If you agree to abide by all the terms of this credit and meet all the aforementioned standards, the lender will approve this loan for you. You might wish to purchase a smartphone or laptop or finish a DIY project like remodeling your home or bedroom, among others.
A personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes, making it somewhat general. However, because of its high interest rates, this sort of credit is more expensive than other loan types. Customers prefer looking for loans that are specifically designed to fit their needs.
Personal loans are widespread in Iraq. In the last year, their demand has significantly increased. The Central Bank of Iraq keeps an eye on its price and other factors (CBI).
Remember that when you take out a loan, it has the potential to either enhance or worsen your financial condition. Therefore, borrow wisely.
Why don’t you give me personal loans?
Applications for personal loans may be canceled for a variety of reasons. You might have not fulfilled the entity’s requirements. For instance, you might not be eligible if you presented incorrect documentation, have a low credit score on CBI, have an old residence permit card, are underage, or don’t have a reliable source of income.
You might not have been approved for financing because you didn’t fulfill even one condition.
What is the INE form for a loan?
The INE form is something the lender is required to provide. It lists all the terms and conditions of the credit they are granting us, and all relevant information, including the sum, the period, the interest, the APR, the commissions, and any potential insurance.
What is the binding offer of personal credit?
The lender shall maintain the offer open for not less than 14 calendar days following our request for a binding offer. We are free to compare different loan offers at this time without losing the current one.
Can personal loans be paid in advance?
A borrower has the option to repay a personal loan in full or in part, as per Iraqi law. However, before making the reimbursement, the client will have to give the entity advance notice. The client will also be responsible for paying the loan’s terms and conditions, including any accrued interest and other fees as well as the principal sum.
What if I take out a loan online and then regret it?
By law, you have an option to withdraw a loan after taking it out. However, this is only possible within the first 14 (calendar) days. Any period beyond this will attract charges or penalties.
What happens if I don’t pay back a personal loan?
Every time you take out a loan, it is advisable to pay it back. The lender has the option of bringing legal action against you, selling your home at auction, and/or adding your name to CBI’s bad score blacklist. This will make it difficult for you to get a loan in the future and have other adverse repercussions.
When to Apply for a Personal Loan
When you’re in a “not so urgent” financial situation and can switch banks, a personal loan will be ideal for you because the application and approval processes may take a few days or even weeks.
By doing this, you’ll have a valuable financial tool that will help you solve your difficulties and strengthen your financial position.
When to Apply for a Fast Loan
In times of emergency, a quick loan is required. They can provide fast infusions of cash. If you’re not in that circumstance, we suggest you apply for other loans. This is because quick loans are expensive, have brief repayment periods, and only provide modest sums of money.
A loan is a responsibility and you are required to pay them back following the terms of the entity once they have been taken out. You must therefore keep an eye out for any modifications that may occur during repayment.
Because they didn’t take out loans carefully and didn’t completely get how they worked, many borrowers struggle to repay them.
About this page, our methodology
What this page is for: We conduct thorough research on the greatest and most pertinent data about finances and everything you need to know to obtain loans like an expert. We, therefore, ensure that you are satisfied with the financial product you obtain and that it is the right choice for your financial needs
Source: The finance information, the types of credits, their current lending rates, and their regulations have been drawn from the Iraqi Law on consumer credits, The Central Bank of Iraq, and other reliable reference portals.
Methodology: The data relating to the conditions of these products (amount, term, interest, etc.) have been obtained through online research and consultation of the official statistics of the aforementioned reference sources.
About Us: FUNDGECKO is a website that serves as a comparison tool for our customers who may not be as knowledgeable about consumer finance. We take you step-by-step through the entire process so you may compare loan offers and choose the one that best fits your financial circumstances.
Note: the services we offer are totally free for the user, as FUNDGECKO obtains its income from advertising and its featured products.