Compare the best options on the market and choose the one which best adapts to your day to day needs.
Further Below: Our Guide To Payday Loans in Poland, Everything you need to know.
1. Alior Bank
- Excellent loan conditions for both new and old borrowers
- Loans of between 500 and 80,000 PLN
- Competitive interest rates of 5.12% p.a
- Favorable repayment periods of between 3 months and 120 months
- Fixed interest rates for long-term loans
- Has few additional costs
- Provides loans for a variety of purposes
- Available to applicants with enough income
2. BNP Paribas SA
- Affordable interest rates of 6.5% p.a
- Flexible loan limits of up to 70,000 PLN
- Excellent loan conditions
- Available for all purposes
- Provides financing under less strict requirements
- Excludes insurance charges
- Loan size grows with timely repayments
- Friendly repayments of up to 7 years
3. PKO BP
- Get a loan of up to 50,000 PLN
- Provides loans to creditworthy clients
- Attractive interest rates of 6.8% p.a
- Available for a variety of purposes
- Has fewer eligibility criteria than other top banks
- Friendly repayment terms of up to 7 years
- Has few commissions
Payday Loans in Poland, All You Need To Know:
We are passionate about helping you to get the best financial solutions. We, therefore, do numerous research and give you three of the best payday loans in Poland from which you can choose one that’s most consistent with your needs. Take a quick read to know everything about these loans, and their regulations, and later have all your questions answered in the Q&A section.
The current market for payday loans
We give you a monthly update of payday loans and the events surrounding them to know when best you can hire them:
- Poland has been going through hard times since the beginning of the Russian invasion earlier this year. This is owing to its proximity to the war theater and its massive support for Ukraine. This has brought about spiraling inflation of prices, skyrocketing energy prices, and a lack of government support for companies and businesses. Economists say that the ongoing events have resulted in a significant drop in business confidence and have faltered lending in the country.
- In an effort to salvage the Polish economy, the European Commission has approved a €1.2 billion (5.5 PLN) Polish scheme. The scheme is designed to rescue companies and businesses that are hard hit by the ramifications of the Russian war, being that the EU is facing it rough during this war. The scheme is divided into two major forms: providing guarantees on new loans and providing guarantees on factoring products.
Click here to get more information about the scheme. With the scheme, companies will maintain liquidity and remain resilient through these hard times.
Rights and Duties of Credit Consumers in Poland
As you take out a loan, you want to have confidence throughout this process. This is achieved when you know your rights and duties as a credit consumer.
In Poland, credit consumers have the right to analyze the quality of the loan they are taking out. This measure was taken to help purge out gimmicks and help the borrower know what they are signing up for. Hence, the offer has to meet the standard of its description. If not, the borrower has the freedom to reject it or cancel the application.
- Right to access all the information about the loan offer
A borrower has the right to access all the information about the financial product before they sign up for it. The lender is required to make the conditions of the loan clear, precise, and simple to understand. In case of any questions, the lender should step in to provide the answers accordingly.
The lender should provide all the information about the conditions of the loan (interest, repayment term, amount, any added fees, and commissions) and how they work. The borrower will also need to be prepared for any future changes if there be. Moreover, after providing this information, the entity should give the client enough time to go through everything and make decisions without withdrawing the offer.
- Right to receive updates and notifications throughout the repayment period.
The lender is obliged to provide all the necessary notifications and updates. The notifications may involve the entity’s downtime, change of opening or closing times, or any other changes. The notifications should come before the changes are implemented. In the event of any changes, even as they are indicated in the contractual information, the lender is required to send reminders of the same.
Duties of credit consumers in Poland
- Duty to take out loans responsibly
A borrower is obliged to take out loans responsibly – when they truly need them and when the loans are in favor of their financial situations. A loan is meant to improve your financial status and bail you out of certain problems and nothing less. You want to avoid taking out a loan because it appears good and is something you cannot miss. Taking out a loan without objectives will plunge you into over-indebtedness and hurt your credit history.
To get a good loan, be sure to know what you want and avoid settling for less.
- Duty to assess the terms of the loan
A borrower is charged with the duty to assess all the information given about the offer from the conditions of the loan to commissions and any future changes. The borrower will be allowed enough time to go through all the documents of the contract and understand how the loan works.
This is an important step as it makes you know the kind of loan you’re committing to. You’ll also not be faced with surprise payments in the future which has a way of draining unprepared borrowers.
- Duty to provide all the financial information
Some borrowers hesitate when the entity requests their financial information not knowing that the lender has the right to access it before providing the funds. The lender will need to assess the risk they are making in giving you the loan by analyzing your financial status and abilities. This is why they will ask for your bank statements, last income tax return, last three paychecks, etc. Failure to provide these documents may force the lender to reject your application.
- Duty to comply with the loan’s terms and conditions
Once you commit to a loan, you are required to abide by all the set conditions. The lender will rank you as a good borrower if you make on-time repayments and if the amount you repay is equivalent to what you agreed upon at the beginning of the contract.
This makes it very important to go through the contract information in detail so you may only sign up for what you love and one that you won’t have a problem abiding with.
How to apply for a payday loan?
The process is pretty simple and will pay off with a friendly loan that overhauls your financial situation. While it may have some unique steps for different entities, the basic steps to take are more or less the same:
- Work with at least three of the best loan offers and consult about their conditions as you sort them. You’ll end up with the best offer according to your needs and peculiarities.
- After receiving the application form, provide as much information as possible such that you don’t leave any blank fields. Select your preferred loan amount and specify your purpose and repayment period. Provide the most accurate personal data before sending the form back to the lender either online or in person.
- Receive pre-approval message. It may come instantly or after a few days, depending on the mode of application.
- Provide all the supporting documents required either through online platforms, via a courier, or by dropping them at the entity’s office.
- After the lender verifies your information, they will send you pre-contractual information. Be sure to read through the small print as you note down all the conditions of our future loan will appear: amount, term, interest, commissions, etc.
- If you agree with everything about the offer, sign up for it through digital signature or by visiting the entity’s office.
- Receive the funds. This happens after a few hours, days, or weeks, depending on the entity.
Requirements for payday loans in Poland
Every entity has a set of requirements that we have to meet before they release the funds. Some lenders will only approve our application if we meet all the requirements without any exceptions.
- Be above 18 years old. While this is the legal age, some entities prefer providing loans to clients aged 21 and above.
- Be a Polish residence. Entities will not risk providing loans to people who are not legal residents of Poland. Hence, you’ll need to have a residence permit either permanent or temporary.
- You should be earning enough monthly income. This will help the lender decide on whether or not to provide the loan as they’ll have assessed your ability to repay it.
- Do not have pending debts or poor credit history. The lender may reject your application if you register a poor credit score on the Credit Reference Office (BIK). However, only a few lenders will skip this requirement and provide financing to clients with negative credit history.
A loan should not eat so much of your monthly income so that you’re able to afford repayment and other personal expenses. We recommend taking out a debt that’s less than 40% of your monthly income. To check whether you’re able to afford the repayment of a loan using your monthly income, use a payday loan simulator.
Documentation for applying for a payday loan
Your lender will require several documents that prove that you meet the requirements in the previous section:
- A valid form of identity (ID or passport)
- A bank statement that details the income and expenses of previous months
- Your most recent income tax return
- Proof of income: paychecks of the last two or three months or any other form of income.
- A document showing the purpose and the budget. This is mostly required when applying for a big loan
It’s important to ensure that you provide all the documents requested by the entity to reduce the chances of the cancellation of your application.
Who grants payday loans in Poland?
There are now a variety of lenders of payday loans in Poland. This is a result of the 2008 financial crisis that allowed some loopholes for non-bank lenders. As the crisis left a gap in the financial market, entities took advantage and streamed into it, all working to make a niche for themselves. Hence, Poland made some strides away from the monopoly of banks as borrowers enjoy competitive and better services from these entities. However, banks still reserve a big share in the market.
Entities that grant payday loans:
- Bank entities
- Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Private Lenders
- P2P Lending Platforms
Obtain financing through banks
- Offers the biggest loans
- Excellent financing conditions
- Offers favorable repayment periods
- Friendly interest rates
- Slow processing of the loans
- Many additional costs and commissions
- Does not provide funds without the seniority of the client
- More related products
- The application process may be tedious as it involves much paperwork
Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Offers financing for any purpose
- Affordable interest rates
- Has fewer additional costs
- Fast processing of loans
- Fast and simple application process
- Very strict eligibility parameters
- They operate through stores or dealerships only
Getting loans online with private companies
- Very fast processing of the funds
- Less strict eligibility criteria
- Seniority is not a determining factor
- Expensive due to very high interest rates
- Provides loans even with a negative credit score, hence, can be easily abused
Payday Loans through P2P Platforms
- Very friendly financing conditions
- Easy, fast, and completely online application
- Has no related products
- Long processing of the funds
- Strict measures are taken before approval of the application
- Few platforms that provide loans to individuals
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a payday loan?
A payday loan is a type of credit that provides financing to an individual who needs a financial injection but cannot get an alternative source. The loan is lent and needed back after an agreed-upon time and under a series of conditions. Hence, the borrower will need to check into the conditions and be sure that the loan places them in an advantageous position.
While the loan’s conditions may vary with entities, they are regulated by the Loans Market Authority to ensure that borrowers benefit from the loans.
Why don’t you give me payday loans?
First off, note that a lender is not obliged in any way to grant you a loan. Secondly, many loan applications are canceled because of the borrowers’ failure to meet the set requirements. Hence, check into the lender’s requirements on age, level of income, how old the residence permit is, and credit history.
Moreover, be sure to provide all the required documents to make the verification process easy.
What is the INE form for a loan?
This is a document that the entity is required to give to all its borrowers. The form should detail all the conditions of the loan: the amount, the term, the interest, the APR, the commissions, the possible insurance, etc.
What is the binding offer of a payday credit?
When we ask for a binding offer, we are requesting a chance to compare other offers without losing the current offer. The lender should allow us a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Can payday loans be paid in advance?
The Polish Law allows credit consumers to make repayments of loans before the designated time either in full or in part. The borrower will be required to abide by all the conditions of the loan and may face an early repayment fee.
What if I take out a loan online and then regret it?
Withdrawing a loan after receiving the funds is allowed in Poland if only a few requirements are met. The lender should only allow this if the withdrawal comes within the first 14 calendar days. Anything beyond this time may attract charges or penalties.
What happens if I don’t pay back a payday loan?
A loan is a commitment. Once you sign up for it, you have no other option but to repay it. A lender will take action against you if you fail to refund the loan by either auctioning your property or filing a lawsuit. This will also hurt your credit history and you’ll not be able to access a loan in the future.
When to Apply for a Payday Loan
A payday loan is needed when we need a good amount of money but don’t have any alternative source. Taking time to assess your financial needs and compare the best payday options will pay off with an affordable loan that will change your situation forever.
Whether you want to finance your car, renovate your home, make a big purchase, or finance a big project, a payday loan is for you.
We hope to have cleared all your doubts and answered all your questions about payday loans. The three banks listed in this article are the best providers of payday loans in Poland. We hope that you’ll hire one soon.
Stay safe and borrow responsibly.
About this page, our methodology
What this page is for: we are here to help you get the best financial product that addresses your needs. Hence, we walk you through all it takes to get the current best offer, explain terms, how to compare offers, and how to assess your financial situation viz-a-viz these loans; the whole nine yards.
Source: The information regarding the best loans, their main characteristics, and their regulation have been drawn from the Polish Law on consumer credits, and the Loan Market Association.
Methodology: The data relating to the conditions of these products (amount, term, interest, etc.) have been obtained through online research and consultation of the official statistics of the aforementioned reference sources.
About FUNDGECKO: we are an online comparator website that offers assistance in personal finance and home economics. Besides comparing the different loan options, you get rich information on how to identify the best option that perfectly fits your situation.Note: the services we offer are totally free for the user, as FUNDGECKO obtains its income from advertising and its featured products.