Compare the best options on the market and choose the one which best adapts to your day-to-day needs.
Further Below: Our Guide to Personal Loans in Seychelles, Everything you need to know.
Absa Bank Seychelles
- Loan amounts of up to SCR400,000
- Interest rates of as low as 11.49%
- Flexible repayment period of up to five years
- Fast application process
- Favorable conditions
- No early repayment fees
- Credit life insurance
- Online loan application
Seychelles Commercial Bank
- Credit life insurance
- Maximum amount of SCR 150,000
- Competitive interest rates
- A maximum repayment period of 5 years
- Friendly terms
- May be secured or not
- No personal contribution is required
- Swift service
- Internet banking available
Seychelles Credit Union
- Credit life insurance
- Get amounts of up to SCR 250,000
- Interest rates of 12% p.a on a reduced balance basis
- A maximum repayment period of 10 years
- No penalty on early repayment
- Additional lump sum repayments
- Zero hidden fees or transaction charges
- Top-up loans available
- Allows for debt consolidation
Personal Loans in Seychelles, all you Need to Know:
In a few minutes, compare the best personal loans online for free. From FUNDGECKO, we show you the fine print of every loan available, explain what you need to know before signing a contract, and show you how to get the best deal from the list of available ones.
The current market for personal loans
FUNDGECKO aims to keep you updated on what is happening in the financial market. Below is what is currently happening in the consumer credit market in Seychelles.
- In September, the consumer credit in Seychelles increased to 1337.09 SCR Million from 1318.13 SCR Million in August 2022. According to Trading Economics global, this amount is expected to increase to 1346 SCR Million by the end of the October-December quarter.
- From 2009 to 2022, the lending rate in Seychelles averaged 11.98%, reaching an all-time high in February 2009 of 16.36% and a record low in May 2022 of 8.9%. The lending rate increased from a value of 9.09% in August 2022 to 9.15% in September 2022.
- One of the many factors that affect lending rates is the inflation rate. In October 2022, Seychelles recorded an inflation rate of 2.92%. When inflation rates drop, interest rates rise. The inflation rate is expected to be 2.80% by the end of the year.
How to compare online loan offers
The increase of banks, other private lenders, and loan providers in the Seychelles market has led to a wide range of financial products and fierce competition among lenders. For this reason, before picking the nicest loan, we advise that you evaluate all the available options.
However, without knowing which parameters to take into account, you cannot effectively compare options. Consider the following aspects when comparing: loan amounts, interest rates, repayment terms, commissions and other fees, security requirements, and many other aspects.
As a result, by running various simulations based on the project you wish to finance and the offer made by each entity and its terms, you can be more certain about the loan offer you want to go ahead with. You can decide which financing option is best by evaluating the total cost of the loan.
How to use FUNDGECKO to get personal loans
Our mission at FUNDGECKO is to inform our customers about all aspects of loans, including their features, proper operation, and terms. Having this knowledge will make it very simple for our potential customers to select a financial product. The steps you need to take at our site are as follows:
- Compare the various financial options that appeal to you. This procedure does not cost anything.
- Take the time to read their contract terms to get a complete understanding of them.
- FUNDGECKO wants to dispel any doubts you may have and help you confidently select a consumer credit. You can access the entity’s website by clicking “Contract,” where our experts will guide you through the application procedure.
- In order to give other users the confidence to work with us, our website has a comment section where users can leave reviews, opinions, and suggestions.
Why do you look for personal loans?
Regardless of whether you want to go for a holiday, buy a car, or take care of an unforeseen expense, a personal loan is able to come in handy for you. Some reasons why you may need to take a personal loan include but are not limited to:
- To improve your creditworthiness
- For a loved one’s medical bills
- To build a home
- Finance home equipment and furniture.
- Start a partnership
- To settle overdue bills
- To top up money to buy your dream house
- Advance your education
- Special events like a graduation party
How to apply for a personal loan
In Seychelles, you may apply for a personal loan either online or at the physical location of the lender. Whatever option you settle for, essentially these are the steps you will follow:
- Consult loans from a variety of lenders either online, in person, or over the phone. You will be able to compare offers and negotiate better terms this way. We suggest looking into at least three different personal loan offers.
- Complete the application form with our information and the personal loan conditions (purpose, amount, and term) and hand it into the lender (in person or online).
- Anticipate pre-approval. It happens almost immediately in the online mode. The procedure may take several days in the physical mode.
- Send the requested documentation. You can accomplish this via email or by visiting the entity, depending on the entity.
- If our request is granted, read the pre-contractual information that will be provided to you. There, all of the terms of our potential loan will be displayed in terms of amount, interest, duration, and any other applicable fees.
- If we approve of the offer, either in person or electronically, sign the contract.
- Receive the funds. It will be paid to us immediately or within a maximum of 48 hours, depending on the lender.
Requirements for personal loans in Seychelles
Personal loan eligibility is subject to a few requirements. Some of these requirements may vary from lender to lender. Some of these requirements include:
- Age- you must have attained a minimum age of 21 years and not exceed a maximum age of 60 years.
- Be a resident of Seychelles. This will require you to provide the lender with your national identification card, your passport, your voter ID, or your driver’s license.
- Creditworthiness- must have a high credit score for the lender to trust you with the loan.
- Be employed or earn an income- this acts as proof that you will be able to repay the loan using the income from employment.
- The amount and purpose of the loan must be in agreement with the lender’s criteria
Please note that you must not be in any of the credit reference bureaus in Seychelle for your loan application to be accepted.
Documentation for applying for a personal loan
If you wish to take out a personal loan, you are required to present all the necessary documents to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements. Your loan application will only be accepted if your supporting documentation is verified. For personal loans, since they are unsecured, proof of income and pay cheques are a mandatory requirement.
- Identification document- national identity card, voter id, driving license, or a passport
- Proof of employment- a letter from your employer confirming employment in the case you have been employed for less than a year.
- Proof of monthly income/salary- pay slip for the last three months and last three months’ bank statements.
- Proof of address- utility bills, telecommunication bills, entertainment bills, or a valid lease agreement.
- One or two guarantors.
Please note that each lender has the right to accept or decline your application based on internal policies. The lender may request additional documents if necessary.
In the event that you don’t have a bill in your name, the lender may allow you to bring along the bill of your residence’s owner together with proof of relationship.
Different lenders accept other documentary proof. Ensure to consult the lender for more information.
Who grants personal loans in Seychelles?
In the past, banks and a few credit unions were the only credit lenders. This has however changed in the recent past when non-bank loan specialists have emerged thus leading to competition in the credit sector.
Entities that extend personal loans to borrowers in Seychelles include:
- Credit Financial Institutions
- Private lenders
- P2P lending platforms
Financing through banking institutions
- Borrow at better rates
- Longer repayment period
- Bank loans are flexible
- Interest rates are fixed
- Incur long-term costs
- Stricter eligibility requirements
- Can negatively affect your credit score in case of default
- The application does not guarantee approval
Financing through Credit Financial Institutions (CFE)
- Helpful to pay big expenses
- The institution will aid you in risk assessment for loans taken
- Are more convenient
- Increase creditworthiness
- Processing of funds takes time
- The process of getting a loan is long
- Loans are granted only against some security
Financing from private companies
- Fast processing of funds
- A cheaper option than credit cards
- Perfect for people with less credit rating
- Few requirements
- Higher interest rates
- Shorter repayment periods
Financing through P2P platforms
- Lower interest rates
- They do not impact your credit score
- The application process is fast
- Application fees apply
- They lack regulation
- Personal scrutiny
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personal loan?
A personal loan allows you to borrow an agreed amount of money from a lender. It has a fixed monthly payment, a fixed interest rate, and a fixed repayment term. When you need more money, personal loans can be a useful tool because they are typically less expensive compared to other forms of credit. In addition, just because a personal loan can be used for literally any purpose does not mean that it ought to be. It is necessary that you keep in mind that taking out a personal loan entails incurring debt. Therefore, you should only do this if you have a good reason. It is not eligible to take out a personal loan to fund an extravagant shopping spree or an unplanned vacation.
Why don’t you give me personal loans?
There are various reasons why your loan application may be declined by the lender. If your loan application is declined, it is important that you find out the reason why. Some of these reasons for a declined loan application may include:
- Not meeting the age requirements
- Income/credit status requirements not met
- Loan purpose didn’t meet the lender’s criteria
What is the INE Form for a loan?
Once a lender offers you a personal loan, he is then obliged to give you a form that entails all the terms of the loan including the amount, term, interest rate, applicable fees, and installment amounts. This form is known as an INE Form.
What is the binding offer of personal credit?
A binding offer is a document you receive from the lender when you sign your loan. It is approximately five pages long and includes all of the loan’s characteristics as well as the terms and conditions. Because the loan will be legally enforceable, you will be able to clearly communicate the obligations that each party will assume in this manner.
Can personal loans be paid in advance?
You can. You might get a lot of money and decide to use it to pay off your loan. Ensure you check the total amount due with your lender and pay it in full or in part. Your credit score is likely to benefit from this. However, as a penalty, some lenders may require you to part with some funds. However, some lenders like Seychelles Credit Union do not charge their lenders any fee or penalty for early loan repayment.
What if I take a loan and later regret it?
It is possible to take out a loan and later regret it for reasons such as the interest rates being too high compared to the ones required by other lenders. To avoid such regrets, we advise that you weigh out the different options you have before settling for one. You may also consult with a professional before taking out a personal loan.
What happens if I don’t pay back a personal loan?
In most cases, personal loans are unsecured, which means that you are not required to provide collateral in the event that you fail to repay the loan. If you take out an unsecured loan and fail to repay it, a creditor cannot seize anything, but there are still consequences like your credit score will drop, and your loan might be late. In the event of a secured loan, your collateral, such as your property may be taken by the lender to repay the debt.
When to Apply for a Personal Loan?
When you have a good reason for it. Ensure that what you are looking to finance using the loan is meaningful. Also, consider other avenues before settling for a personal loan.
When to Apply for a Fast Loan?
A personal loan is also referred to as an instant loan or a quick loan that is granted by lenders to borrowers online. Most of the time, the procedures don’t use paper, require little documentation, and approvals and payments happen quickly. You should only apply for a personal loan in case of an emergency that needs immediate funding.
Our recommendations are tailor-made to help you in your financial credit decisions. Before taking a loan, weigh out other options that you may have for example borrowing the amount from family and friends. It is also important to ensure that you take out a loan for the right reasons. Do not take a loan if you cannot afford it, if you do not need it or if there are better options available.
We hope that our information helps you in your decision of whether or not to take a loan as well as which lender to settle for.
About this page, our methodology
What this page is for: Our objective is to assist you in obtaining the most suitable financing. As a result, we wish to walk you through what personal guarantee credits are, how to compare them, which deals are currently offering the best value, and how to select the best out of the many available ones.
Source: The information herein regarding personal loans comes from the Central Bank of Seychelles portal, and the Financial Consumer Protection Act (FCPA) among other reference sources.
Methodology: The data relating to the conditions of these products (amount, term, interest, etc.) have been obtained through online research and consultation of the official statistics of the aforementioned reference sources
About FUNDGECKO: We are an online platform that works to give individuals information about personal finance. Additionally, we provide you with information to aid in your search for a reliable personal loan lender.
Note: the services we offer are totally free for the user, as FUNDGECKO obtains its income from advertising and its featured products.